* When my five daughters grew up and left home, I wasn't ready to give up my nurturing instincts. As a child, we always had a dog and continued to have one while my children were growing up, so I decided to breed a young poodle that we had and then I could take care of some puppies. She was very pretty (I thought) but I knew nothing of the standards expected of a well built poodle.
* I read some books and finally started going to some shows. From this avenue I found the faults and acceptable traits in the structure of the dog and began looking for stud dogs that would correct whatever faults I had.
* Each generation improved and I continued to make an effort to make each litter better than the one before. This was very challenging and rewarding to me and it became a wonderful hobby for me.
* One day I was looking for a small male that still had good confirmation. I was directed to Dylor Poodles. Judy and Lorraine, agreed to breed my little girl and we chose Wings whose registered name is CH Michanda Dylor Freedom Flyte. He is a delightful very full coated little boy. This breeding brought the size down and we had a beautiful little girl and boy. I decided to show Flash first and he too had a very heavy coat with such a delightful sweet temperment. We gave him to a handler and he won 5 points in various shows. At this point, his sister was showing some promise so we brought him home and sent her to the handler that Judy and Lorraine were using. Her name is Stormy and she became CH Tricia's Stormy Weather, my first champion! Now, I was so excited that I wanted to show another one.
* Judy and Lorraine had a wonderful idea. They suggested that we co-own a little boy they had out of CH Laurelbury Wearing White and CH Dylor Fire Stix Kisses. I was thrilled. We called him Tux. He became CH Dylor N T's Wearin a Whitetux. He has such a delightful personality and beautiful gait.
* Tux and Stormy had a beautiful litter. One boy named Gambler became CH Tricia's Game of Chance and a sister named Krissy who will be finished shortly. Gambler has the attitude and gait of his father but a bit smaller with the beauty of both his parents. Stormy also had another girl out of CH Capricorn Sir Gallahad, named Tiger. She became CH Tricia's Eye of The Storm TL. Tiger has a son that is 4 months old. I'm expecting to get him out in the show world after Krissy.
* What started as a fun hobby and a love for the dogs and the puppys, has turned into a very exciting accomplishment that I never dreamed I would reach.
CH Tricia's Stormy Weather
Stormy was my first champion and mother of more.
CH Tricia's Stormy Weather
Brandon Kennel Club, MS
CH Michanda Dylor freedom Flyte
"Wings" was mated to "Stormy" to produce the next generation of champions
CH Dylor N T'S Wearin a Whitetux
Co-owned with Judy and Lorraine of Dylor Toy Poodles
Hilton Head Island Kennel Club, SC
"Tux" was my second champion
CH Tricia's Game of Chance
CH Tricia's Eye of the Storm TL
Metairie Kennel Club, LA
And another champion
Suwannee Valley kennel Club
Tricia's Jumpin Jack Flash
Myrtle Beach, FL
"and the beat goes on--"
We don't have to act like champions all of the time!
The next generation of champions is on its way.